6D vs 7D --- Image Quality (there's no comparison)

Started May 4, 2013 | Discussions thread
kelpdiver
Senior MemberPosts: 1,886
Like?
Re: 6D vs 7D --- Image Quality (there's no comparison)
In reply to mariadc, May 5, 2013

mariadc wrote:

HOWEVER...  there's no comparison to the IQ of the 6D.  Even with the extra reach I get with my 100-400 on the 7D, if I crop in just a little, the noise is just terrible, at least after a month of using a 6D.  Granted, it was about 7:30am this morning and the lighting wasn't great yet, but it wasn't dark by any means.   This may sound crazy, but I feel that I got less noise with my 30D.

You might be a bit crazy, yes.   Though really I think it's just a matter of giving the 7d a single shot in conditions that aren't to its best, comparing it to all use (and levels of light) of the 30d (and the 6).

And if this was all jpeg comparisons, not raw, then certainly the 5d3/6d will destroy the 7 since jpeg noise reduction is a bit part of the Digic 5. (and in the DXO tradition, did you reduce the size of the 7 image to match the 8mp resolution of the 30?  Or pixel level comparison even though it was twice the pixel count?)

I replaced my 30 with a 7 and never looked back, other than to use it as the secondary lens body on a two camera shoot.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NiceNew
NopeNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow