Pixel vs Pixel FX vs DX

Started May 5, 2013 | Discussions thread
AZBlue
Contributing MemberPosts: 866Gear list
Like?
Re: Pixel vs Pixel FX vs DX
In reply to Moto1d, May 5, 2013

Moto1d wrote:

Something i was a little confused over was this. If an FX sensors pixel is large than a DX pixel then this should mean that printing each 1for 1 the FX would appear to be lower resoution or lower quality correct?  Im not sure how it could be any other way. Yes the sensor fits a larger or wider image in the frame but the pixel size is still larger.

Limiting my answer to the realm of printing... maximum resolution of D7100 is 6000x4000 pixels while maximum resolution of D600 is 6016x4016 pixels, so essentially the same. Printing at 1:1, you will get identical size prints at identical resolution and sharpness from each camera regardless of sensor size used. When printing, it's about the number of pixels, not the size of the sensor, that determines your size of print at a given output resolution.

-- hide signature --

"I've been in more laps than a napkin" - Mae West

AZBlue's gear list:AZBlue's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF Nikkor 20mm f/2.8D Sigma 150mm F2.8 EX DG OS Macro HSM +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow