Europe with One Lens

Started May 4, 2013 | Discussions thread
Dennishh
Contributing MemberPosts: 503Gear list
Like?
Re: Europe with One Lens
In reply to dark13star, May 5, 2013

The last time I was in Europe/Spain I used by Canon 5DMk2 mostly with a 24 1.4 which worked out really well but in general wasn't wide enough or long enough in quite a few cases. The previous trip to Paris I use the 5DMk2 with a Nikon 14-24 and an 85 1.8. Paris's images with this combination are phenomenal but my back is still trying to recover. Europe begs for a very wide angle lens so now my kit consists of a NEX-7 with 10-18 zoom, Sigma 30mm and a Sony 55-210. I've been using this kit for about a year now and can say that it is just amazing. No one small shoulder bag, that is extremely light and easily carried anywhere is all I need. I just tested the 55-210 against my 70-200 VR 2 Nikon with a D800 and have no reason to use the Nikon, that's how good the NEX looks. I am probably going to replace the Sigma with the new Zeiss 32mm f1.8 for it's sharpness and low light capabilities. The D800e is now my professional studio camera and the NEX is my travel set up.

Dennishh's gear list:Dennishh's gear list
Nikon D800E Sony Alpha 7R Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G Nikon AF Nikkor 24mm f/2.8D +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow