**weekly wildlife 5-5, 5-12**

Started May 5, 2013 | Discussions thread
Atgard
Regular MemberPosts: 427Gear list
Like?
South Florida birding
In reply to steelhead3, May 5, 2013

As zachiedawg says, summer is here in South Florida, and the heat cut my excursion short this week. But I did finally get a roseate spoonbill in flight, and there were some pretty cute black-necked stilt babies watched over by their diligent parents (dad even scared off a gator).

Most shots slightly cropped and minor PP.

Roseate spoonbill, really pretty in flight (not my best shot, but a cool subject)

There were 4 baby black-necked stilts, watched over by a pair of protective parents

OK, so I screwed up and forgot to change settings and took this with too slow of a shutter speed. But since I was panning with him pretty well, it came out with a cool background movement effect.

Great egret, my sharpest BIF shot of the day.

All taken with the A37 & old Sigma DL 75-300. I stopped by the Sony store to compare my cheap lens with the Sony 55-300, and the increased sharpness of the Sony was pretty dramatic. So a lens upgrade is definitely on my wishlist (the Tamron 200-500 is also mighty appealing).

Atgard's gear list:Atgard's gear list
Sony SLT-A37
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Ed,New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow