Test shots from my newest lens - Voigtlander 35 F1.4

Started May 5, 2013 | Discussions thread
blue_skies
Senior MemberPosts: 6,939Gear list
Like?
Re: Test shots from my newest lens - Voigtlander 35 F1.4
In reply to zackiedawg, May 5, 2013

Nice to see you picking up this lens. And you are correct, its main usage is wide open.

Funny to see that Sean gave up the lens - I expect this lens to become a popular lens for an FF Nex in the future.

I picked up the SAL35F18 soon after I picked up the CV35/1.4, and have, like others, mainly used the CV35 as a low-light, shallow DOF, nice bokey 35mm lens. The SAL35F18, in comparison, is much sharper stopped down. (Both don't have OSS).

I don't think that I have used this lens above f/2.0 since I got it - always thought of it as a specialty lens - and I like shots that are wide open more than the 'P&S' kit zoom results. They are the first shots that people point too and say - you must have a very good camera.  But for a while, (the early days of only the E16 + E1855/E18200), I carried two 35mm MF lenses in my bag, the CV35/1.4 for indoor/people and one of my other 35mm MF lenses for outdoor/max-sharpness.  I wonder how you will like this lens - it lends itself well for a very different type of usage (for me, mostly social people pics).  Please posts some 'best' pictures, I am always curious of how those experienced use these lenses/cameras. And thanks for all your previous postings.

CV35/1.4 at f/5.6

CV35/1.4 at f/5.6

Same scene, with the E20 at f/13, for maximum DOF.

-- hide signature --

Cheers,
Henry

blue_skies's gear list:blue_skies's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony Alpha 7 Sony a6000 +30 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow