ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
graham73
Forum MemberPosts: 68
Like?
Getting a new 7D, body only?
May 5, 2013

Hello guys,

I'm lucky enough to be getting a 7D towards the end of the month and want to check that I'm not making a mistake by going body only and not getting one of the lenses with it.  I'm upgrading from a 400D and my "everyday" lens is the Sigma 24-70 EX DG Macro.  Obviously the 7D is decent upgrade for me and I'm wondering if I need a different lens?  Will this lens be OK for using video for example?  I don't know if I'll shoot much video as I've never had it before but I'd like the option I guess.

Also, whilst I'm asking, I am planning a trip to the States in July taking in a whistle-stop tour of Vegas, Yosemite, SF and LA.  I don't have a decent telephoto or wide angle (I have a cheap Sigma 70-300mm and the 18mm-55mm kit lens of the 400D is the widest I have, then it's the 24-70mm).  If you could pick one, which lens (wide or long) would you go for.  I know ideally I'd take both but I can't afford it.  In all likelihood it'll be Sigma lenses I go for but I can't decide between wide and long.  If I get a new lens with the camera, this option will have to wait.

Sorry for the basic questions but I'd like to check before I spend all the money!

Thanking you in advance.

ANSWER:
Canon EOS 400D (EOS Digital Rebel XTi / EOS Kiss Digital X) Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow