Started May 5, 2013 | Discussions thread
brandrx
Forum ProPosts: 25,784
Like?
Re: K-01 and K5-II Contrast AF problems
In reply to philzucker, May 5, 2013

philzucker wrote:

flektogon wrote:

This is really weird as from my experience each of my lenses focus perfectly when using the CDAF method. But using the PDAF is something else. For example, my DA 16-45 perfectly focuses (CDAF) at any focal length setting, but when using the (standard) PDAF, in the short focal distances it completely missfocuses. Always it tends to focus farther than it should.

Ah, well, different lenses, different problems, I guess. Did a quick check with my DA16-45@16mm on my K5-II and well yes, some (if very slight) backfocus with PD-AF, and accurate focus with CD-AF.

But PD-AF is adjustable - I just did a +3 AF fine adjustment for the DA16-45 and now it seems to focus very exact. CD-AF problems are less easy to fix unfortunately ...

Do you have lenses that are comparable to mine (3rd-party ones) who work flawlessly with CD-AF in the 200-250mm range? Would be interesting to know ...

As I wrote in one of my other replies in this thread, the new Sigma 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC Macro HSM works great with the K-01's CDAF. Note: As I am writing this I am also checking out catch-in-focusing against some hummingbirds with the K-5 + the Sigma 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC Macro HSM.

Cheers.

Ron

-- hide signature --

Ron - 'We don't have time to go take pics this afternoon Carl.'
Carl - 'What do you mean? It will only take 1/1000s.'
'Keep your eyes looking forward. However, glance back now and then to see where you've come from. It will put a smile on your face.' ~ brandrx

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow