Europe with One Lens

Started May 4, 2013 | Discussions thread
Barrie Davis
Forum ProPosts: 21,460
Like?
Re: Europe with One Lens
In reply to MrJamela, May 5, 2013

MrJamela wrote:

I'm going to Europe soon and I'm toying with the idea of bringing my NEX 6 and only one lens -- the Zeiss 24mm 1.8.

It seems very strange to me....

.... to first BUY a camera where its principle feature is to be able to swap to a wide range of lenses..

.... and then decide to leave ANY of them behind the first time you go anywhere interesting.

I also have the 50mm 1.8 and the kit lens available to me.

I'm expecting to be walking around a lot, and every extra ounce seems like it will add up quickly. And I love the pics I get with this lens. I feel like if I have both lenses I will constantly be thinking about what to use rather than just chilling out and taking pics.

Is this a terrible idea? Do I need that extra bit of range for museums, etc.? Should I be looking at options to go wider or um, zoomier?

And then on a similar note, has anyone tried the Black Rapid Metro ? I like the idea of just wearing my camera when we are walking about instead of constantly fidgeting with my bag. Am I asking for undo attention if I have my camera across my body like this when I am sightseeing in London and Paris?

Thanks,

Jaime

-- hide signature --

-- hide signature --

Regards,
Baz
:
"Ahh... But the thing is, these guys were no ORDINARY time travellers!"

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow