Started 11 months ago | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Boofhead
New MemberPosts: 12Gear list
Like?
TG-2 Review
11 months ago

The TG-2 is my 9thwaterproof camera. I bought it 3 weeks ago to take on an overseas holiday, it was to replace my Olympus 820 which I bought October 2012. I used it on land for a few days on my holiday before taking it no more than 2 metres into. We were in Thailand and as the weather and the water was hot I carried out my usual precaution of making sure the body temperature of the camera was close to the water temp. On the first water plunge the inside of the lens fogged up a little but disappeared after about 5 mins out of the water. The second time the inside of the lens was not visible at all and the LCD screen was totally fogged. The camera still took pictures though. I did not take it into the water after those two episodes.  As I had my 820 with me as a backup I took that into the water with no fogging problems at all even after of going in and out of the water for an hour. When I got back to Perth I took it back to Leederville Camerahouse where I’ve bought all my waterproof cameras and they exchanged it for another. I’ll give this one a try. I’m happy with the image quality and there are a number of other reasons. (1) the selector dial is far better that the selection method on previous Olympus cameras, previously it was easy to accidentally select the wrong program. (2) the lens is in the center instead of the corner and it’s a fast  F2. (3) both access doors have opposing double locks that don’t accidentally open, my 820 sometimes did that. (4) there are two customisable modes that you can save your own settings in. I’ll update this post later if necessary.

Boofhead's gear list:Boofhead's gear list
Olympus Tough TG-2
Boofhead's score
Average community score
bad for good for
Kids / pets
okay
Action / sports
okay
Landscapes / scenery
okay
Portraits
okay
Low light (without flash)
good
Flash photography (social)
okay
Studio / still life
okay
= community average
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow