Some shots in Kota Tua - Sigma DP2M

Started Apr 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
pphandoko
Junior MemberPosts: 26Gear list
Like?
Re: Some shots in Kota Tua - Sigma DP2M
In reply to Staxxx, May 5, 2013

Staxxx wrote:

May i ask about any special colour mode settings or PP that you use please? Do you use Vivid for these? Is there much in the way of sharpening if so what do you do.....these are really good images. I love the first one very much.

Hi Staxxx,

I always use 'standard' colour mode setting, never used other modes. In outdoor, I always set the exposure compensation to +0.3 and -0.3 when I'm indoor. I used 'A' mode almost 95% of the time.

The adjustments I did in the SPP 5.5.1 are as below:

Exposure: -0.3 to -1.0 (to recover the highlight)

Contrast: +0.3 to +0.5 (to increase the clarity)

Shadow: 0 (never touch this button, or your images will turn ugly! LOL)

Highlight: -0.3 to -1.0 (to recover the highlight)

Saturation: +0.3 to +0.7 (to get the vibrant colours)

Sharpness: +0.3 to +0.5 (to get the details)

X3 Fill Light: +0.3 to +0.7 (to bring out the highlight of the colours)

White Balance: Auto or Sunlight (only sometimes, the Merrill got it right)

Colour Adjustment: 3M + 3Y (to get a warmer look)

Fringe Correction: this is used only when I shoot above ISO 400 (to remove the magenta-ish and greenish colour cast in the shadow all around the image)

*** All adjustments depends on the images, each image require a specific set of adjustment values, even when they're shot in the same scene, the lighting condition will never be totally the same. Under some extreme lighting conditions, the adjustments stated above do not apply.

And, thanks for all the compliments, too, guys.

-- hide signature --
 pphandoko's gear list:pphandoko's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Sigma DP2 Merrill Ricoh GR Olympus PEN E-P1 Nikon 1 V1 +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow