best prime and zoom lens for nx300? good bokeh/sharp pics? family pics / holiday snaps (budget)

Started Apr 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
Timmbits
Contributing MemberPosts: 554Gear list
Like?
Re: best prime and zoom lens for nx300? good bokeh/sharp pics? family pics / holiday snaps (budget)
In reply to viking79, May 5, 2013

Eric, imho, the 30mm f2 is a must-have.

It allows you to have a camera the same size as the beloved X100S from Fuji, only it can interchange the lenses, has higher resolution, and a better and tilting screen.  The 30mm f/2 allows for reasonably good bokeh.  Not as good as a f/1.4, but it comes pretty close.

I discovered in the forums, much to my surprise, that users are reporting the 20-50mm to have a better image quality than the OIS 18-55mm.  So I would go with the 20-50mm as well.

That makes for two very inexpensive lenses for a very wide variety of uses.  Plus they're both compact.  I would start with that, and only then decide if I wanted more lenses, and what those would be.

So:

30mm f/2 prime

20-50mm zoom

Timmbits's gear list:Timmbits's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS3 Samsung NX20 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Samsung NX 45mm F1.8 Samyang Reflex 300mm f/6.3 ED UMC CS +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow