Started May 5, 2013 | Discussions thread
brandrx
Forum ProPosts: 26,003
Like?
...also
In reply to brandrx, May 5, 2013

brandrx wrote:

Hi Phil,

Unfortunately some lenses just don't work worth a damn using CDAF. For instance: My Sigma 50-500mm APO HSM OS at 500mm trying to focus on a subject that is greater than 150 feet will indicate focus lock if I am coming from a setting that is less than 150 feet on the lens to start with but the resultant image is very OOF. If I start my focusing with the lens set to infinity then it will lock focus on the subject that is greater than 150 feet and it will be sharp.

From what little information I have been able to gather so far, it seems the problem is more common with Tamron and Sigma lenses than with Pentax lenses.

BTW: Pentax has made some firmware updates for the K-5 II (Ver 1.02) and K-01 (Ver 1.02) that "Optimized contrast AF when using [HD PENTAX-DA 560mmF5.6ED AW] lens". I have no idea if these firmware updates helped with CDAF of other lenses or not. I do know that I have updated my K-01 firmware to Ver 1.03 and I still have the same problem with my Sigma 50-500mm APO HSM OS lens.

Cheers.

Ron

-- hide signature --

Ron - 'We don't have time to go take pics this afternoon Carl.'
Carl - 'What do you mean? It will only take 1/1000s.'
'Keep your eyes looking forward. However, glance back now and then to see where you've come from. It will put a smile on your face.' ~ brandrx

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow