Started May 5, 2013 | Discussions thread
philzucker
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,058
Like?
Re: K-01 and K5-II Contrast AF problems
In reply to brandrx, May 5, 2013

brandrx wrote:

Hi Phil,

Unfortunately some lenses just don't work worth a damn using CDAF. For instance: My Sigma 50-500mm APO HSM OS at 500mm trying to focus on a subject that is greater than 150 feet will indicate focus lock if I am coming from a setting that is less than 150 feet on the lens to start with but the resultant image is very OOF. If I start my focusing with the lens set to infinity then it will lock focus on the subject that is greater than 150 feet and it will be sharp.

From what little information I have been able to gather so far, it seems the problem is more common with Tamron and Sigma lenses than with Pentax lenses.

Darn, you seem to be right, Ron. Grabbed the DA50-200 I gave my daughter as a present (because I didn't use it anymore), and did some quick handheld shots @200mm with it on my K-01 - using the same targets. No visible AF problems here ... A shame that the Tammys have problems with CD-AF.

Oh well, I planned to get the DA50-200 WR anyway ... or the DA55-300. Will have to do so now sooner then planned.

Thanks for your quick reply, Ron!

Phil

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow