The BIGGEST problem with my DP2M....

Started Apr 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
Roland Karlsson
Forum ProPosts: 20,761Gear list
Like?
Re: I think "Dramatic" is not an over-reaching descriptive...
In reply to Roland Karlsson, May 5, 2013

Lin,

Maybe this has been discussed enough now, but my fingers are itching for using the keyboard

As I understand it, you say that you use the Nikon and the Sigma cameras differently. The Sigma camera you use carefully and do some tweaking for getting an optimal result. But, the Nikon you trust to do it for you It is capable enough. So, when it e.g. chooses F11, you assume it is knowing what it is doing.

So ... with that in mind you take the same picture with both and look at the result. And then its your opinion that you get dramatically different results. And the pair of images you just shown is a typical representation of that fact.

Moreover, you say its not a test. Just an example showing something that someone might be interested in seeing.

Right?

Fair enough I would say.

But, it is also fair enough to say uh? what's this? The Nikon image looks surprisingly bad for such a camera. And the Sigma image looks overprocessed somehow. What kind of comparison is this?

Right?

Roland Karlsson's gear list:Roland Karlsson's gear list
Sigma DP3 Merrill Sigma DP2 Quattro RX100 III Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
+1New
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow