Fovus Magic ver4 - a query ...

Started May 5, 2013 | Discussions thread
suddie1215
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,807Gear list
Like?
Re: Fovus Magic ver4 - a query ...
In reply to ericN2, May 5, 2013

The same thing is happening to me with the final release of FM 4.0 so I reverted back to the 4.0 Beta version.  It gives a message stating "This is a Beta (debugging) version of Focus Magic. You can now download the release version from our website." which it did not do before I installed the final release, but at least it doesn't create the log file on the desktop.

Since I really don't use FM all that often perhaps I'll just go back to version 3 until this is all sorted out.

ericN2 wrote:

I've used Focus Magic in many versions of Photoshop/CS for a good many years .. but just decided to update my old one to the new latest ver4 .. and incidentally I can heartiy recommend this update..it has always been an excellent Plug-in  but it just seems to get better..
BUT .. I have NEVER had this before in all the time I've used this..  but NOW..  when I use FM in an edit..I then find that after closing the edit session I find that I've got an icon on my desktop for "Focus Magic.log"  ..  a small text file of what it's done when used..  and the niggling thing is that even if I leave that desktop icon showing after a session.. the next time I use it..it makes ANOTHER icon.. !! 
Now this gets to be a bit of a nuisance, as I certainly don't need an icon but can't seem to stop it happening.
Has anybody else used ver4 and got any answer as to how I can stop either the log or the making of an icon each time.  The HELP section in the program seems to make no mention of a log at all - so far as I can find anyway ....

I put this in Open talk but got no response at all so thought I'd try here.

-- hide signature --

/eric
Staffordshire, UK

suddie1215's gear list:suddie1215's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS-1D Mark IV Canon EOS M Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow