Re: guitarjeff -- warning..
In reply to Dale Buhanan, May 5, 2013

Dale Buhanan wrote:

guitarjeff wrote:

Dale Buhanan wrote:

guitarjeff wrote:

Dale Buhanan wrote:

guitarjeff wrore:

Well, actually, I was joking with you from the start about your pics being oof, and instead of making sure whether it was a joke or not, you pounced, going in to my gallery and posting a pic of my daughter trying to make a point that was illogical.  I will say that your immediate attack is very revealing about your character and your ideas of your place here, don't you think?

If you were secure in yourself and your photography then you would have felt no need to immediately attack trying to defend yourself in such a way.

Our points on both sides appear to be nothing more than personal opinion, but the way you presented yourself was much more interesting than any substance on either side.  Just my opinion..

guitarfeff,

This kind of posting behavior is known as trolling and is forbidden by the forum rules.  I know that you were doing it for fun -- at anothers expense.  But that is precisely why it is against forum rules and it is a banning offense.

Doing it again will not be tolerated.  You have been warned.

-- hide signature --

kind regards
Dale

Dale, I never looked at it as trolling because we were still discussing photography but I guess I can see how it could be looked at that way, fair enough.  Each forum seems to have it's own feel and I belong to several other photography forums where people can jibe each other and provoke each other as long as it doesn't get serious and mean and the mods don't get upset about it.   Anyway, I assumed that Skanter knew I was just having a good-natured back and forth when I was saying he would be down at B&H buying a 6D that night.

As for the other guy, I don't feel I did anything worth him attacking as he did, going in to my gallery and posting a pic of my daughter and attempting to get nasty.  I was shocked at that and think that people who are waiting to pounce on someone like that will cause more trouble for a forum than my joking around (Though had I not joked with him it would have never started anyway, so i see your point)  But if even joking around in that way is frowned upon then I am fine with that and won't do it anymore.  I guess I need to read the very specific rules of each forum and get a better feel for how the folks interact there instead of assuming it's the same for everyone.

Good natured barbs are one thing, trolling with the intent of irritating others is another matter.

The other guy was warned also...  His attacking is also against forum rules and was excessive.

Just making you aware of the forum rules.  Stay within them and you are most welcome and your contributions most appreciated. 

-- hide signature --

kind regards
Dale

Thanks much Dale.  I shouldn't even really be in this forum as I have a 5D2 and have never even owned a camera that this forum covers, so I really should be over in the 5D sections anyway.  You seem like a fair person who is just trying to keep everything peaceful and I know it can't be easy to do all the time.  Sorry for my part in this.

No problem, guitarjeff.  I actually agreed with the bulk of what you had to say.  I only warned when I thought it crossed the line.

I also think MFA is extremely valuable and don't believe that I would buy another camera without it.  Of the 20 lenses that I own, all but one of them benefited from MFA -- some more, some less.  Some that didn't seem to need it sharpened up even more with a +2 or 3 MFA, so I am a believer.  Surprisingly, only my Tamron 28-75 didn't need any!  It was best at 0.  And it was one of the non-Canon brands. LOL  So you never can tell.  I have both 50D's and 7D.

Anyway, welcome back any time... just don't stir up trouble.  Other than that, I think you are a really good and knowledgable guy.

-- hide signature --

kind regards
Dale

20 lenses, wow, that's amazing.  And I used to own the 28-75 Tamron, and mine didn't need any MA either on my 5D2.  I ended up selling that lens but only because I needed a zoom with a tad more reach, but it was a dandy hunk of glass while I had it.

Thanks much

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow