Could the OM-D be upgraded to focus peaking via firmware?

Started May 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
texinwien
Senior MemberPosts: 2,742Gear list
Like?
Even Better
In reply to Art_P, May 4, 2013

Art_P wrote:

It already has the capability, in the form of a kludge (by using one of the art filters)  You just lose the jpeg (or rather, it comes out w the filter applied)  But based on that art filter, they could give focus peeking and just not apply the filter to the jpeg... Sounds simple enough in theory.

Personally, I'd be more impressed by one button access to mysets... or even add them to the SCP

-- hide signature --

Art P
"I am a creature of contrast,
of light and shadow.
I live where the two play together,
I thrive on the conflict"

Set up a MySet with the Art Filter and the DTC on (2X magnification). Set a button to turn the MySet on. Now you have focus-peaking at the press of a button. Press the button, get your focus right, let off the button, then take your shot. Your JPEG and your RAW come out fine.

Another advantage to doing it this way is that you can more easily check to make sure you got focus (and other settings) correct on the camera if the art filter wasn't applied to the JPEG.

tex

texinwien's gear list:texinwien's gear list
Canon EOS 300D Olympus OM-D E-M5 Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS +14 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow