Started 11 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
BerylM
New MemberPosts: 8
Like?
Disabling the double-flash on Fuji Finepix S2980
11 months ago

Hi, I currently have a Fuji S2980 that a friend asked me to look at because she knew I'd had several Finepix cameras before (although not this model) and she was having difficulty working out the best way to use it. I have now done so (I love the panorama feature!) and have found every item I wanted except one - how to switch off the double flash.

Being cat breeders, we both take a lot of pictures of cats, and one thing I can tell you about taking pictures of cats is that it doesn't work if the flash insists on going off twice for every picture - the 'preliminary' flash may improve pictures of humans, but it merely gives cats time to completely shut their eyes before the actual picture is taken.  Every time.

However, despite usually being damn good at troubleshooting generally and knowing my way around Finepix cameras in particular, I simply cannot find a way to switch off the preliminary flash on this camera!  It is driving me absolutely nuts ...

Please, can anyone tell me how to do this?!  I had no trouble at all doing it with my S7000, S8000fd and S9500 cameras!

-- hide signature --

Beryl M

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Fujifilm FinePix S8000fd Nikon Coolpix S70 Nikon Coolpix S9500 Panasonic Lumix DMC-S2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow