6D vs 7D --- Image Quality (there's no comparison)

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Keith Z Leonard
Senior MemberPosts: 3,620Gear list
Like?
Re: 6D vs 7D --- Image Quality (there's no comparison)
In reply to mariadc, 11 months ago

If you search for 7D images you will find quite a few fantastic images from the 7D.  I've owned one and now have a 5Dmk3, the processing of 7D files and handling of that camera differs quite a bit from the 5D.  Selective sharpening and nailing exposure, etc...I've been able to get great shots from the 7D, but it's trickier and requires more back end effort, though once you've gotten your presets all done in lightroom, it's not THAT much more effort.  I'm always somewhat surprised when experienced photographers come out bashing the 18mp cameras.  The image quality of the 35mm format cameras is better, but to make sweeping statements about how terrible a 7D is seems very short sighted.  It would take all of 5 minutes online to discover the truth of the situation.

Granted some people seem to be more sensitive to the differences than others, but still...in head to head comparisons at ISO 400 or below with good processing techniques the difference is there, but isn't a show stopper.  You are talking about a camera with a much higher pixel density, it's going to take different technique, certainly I find my 5D3 to be more forgiving than my 7D, but both have produced great images for me, and both can produce stinkers too.

Keith Z Leonard's gear list:Keith Z Leonard's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 70-200mm f/4.0L USM Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NiceNew
NopeNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow