Which Macro Legacy Lens Vivitar 55mm f2.8 or Panagor PMC 90mm f2.8?

Started May 4, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
dgphelps
New MemberPosts: 9Gear list
Like?
Which Macro Legacy Lens Vivitar 55mm f2.8 or Panagor PMC 90mm f2.8?
May 4, 2013

I've been wanting to get a Macro prime lens with 1:1 magnification for my Olympus E-PL3 for a while now and think I am about ready to bite the bullet with a birthday on the horizon to attach it to...

My ideal lens would be sharp, have 1:1 magnification without the need for tubes or extensions, and in a pinch could be used as a prime for non-macro work (example, out with the kids on a hike snapping insects up close and personal and one of the boys does something photo worthy I can just point, focus, and shoot WITHOUT changing lenses and removing tubes etc).

I've narrowed down to getting either a Vivitar 55mm f2.8 Auto Macro or a Panagor PMC 90mm f2.8 Macro Lens.  They are getting more popular and the prices are now hiking well beyond the $150 range so I feel like I need to pick one soon and get it and hope that one day in the coming year or so I get lucky with the other.

I've seen some amazing work done with either, and would hope that I could find a non-lemon.

Would love any input before I plop down the cash and samples with these lenses if possible.  Of course, if there is some model I have overlooked that can meet the criteria I would also love that insight.

Thanks!

dgphelps's gear list:dgphelps's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL3 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6
ANSWER:
Olympus PEN E-PL3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow