Started May 4, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
lajacobs
Regular MemberPosts: 301Gear list
Like?
Lightroom 4 and QImage Ultimate Workflow
May 4, 2013

After much experimentation I prefer to process my files in Lightroom 4 and print in QImage Ultimate. I have used each of these programs for some time so this is not a "which is better" question, but is a workflow question.

When I am ready to print a photo or, more likely, a group of photos, I want to be able to close Lightroom 4, open QImage Ultimate and print from there. I know I could send the photos from within LR to QI but that is not what I want to do.

My thinking is to export the edited photos to be printed to a "Print" folder within the master Raw File folder. That way I can keep track of what I have printed and keep things organized. This approach will also let me make better use of both LR editing capabilities and QImage's tools in an orderly and repeatable fashion.

My question:

What file format should I use for the photos in the "Print" folder: Tiff, or jpeg? Also, I haven't figured out how file color space comes into the equation. I assume I want the print files to be in AdobeRGB?

I print with an Epson R2000, EOM inks (for now), and my monitor is color-calibrated. I use Red River papers mostly and use paper manufacturer's profiles when printing.

Your suggestions are much appreciated.

Linda

PS - For uploading to online sites or emailing, I use Jeffrey Freidl's most excellent LR plugins so those activities don't come into play as part of my printing equation.

lajacobs's gear list:lajacobs's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon 1 V2 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D +6 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow