D7100 vs D600 do you see what I see ?

Started May 4, 2013 | Discussions thread
BlueBomberTurbo
Contributing MemberPosts: 707Gear list
Like?
Re: D7100 vs D600 do you see what I see ?
In reply to d3xmeister, May 4, 2013

d3xmeister wrote:

I'll look for new samples, go to the store again, as I fail to see that 1,5 or 2 stops. I failt to see even 1 stop advantage. But i don't want to buy the D7100 and after that come to the conclusion that those guys were right :)) I am not living in a world where you can retrn a product

All the studio tests and comparisons I've seen really only show about 1 stop.  I'm sure there are situations where it can vary, but the vast majority have been the usual 1 stop difference between FX and DX.

I (unfortunately) do a lot of low light shooting, and the D7100 wowed me compared to the D7000.  Even thought it can be said they share the same level of noise at 100%, the D7100's grain is finer and more consistent, and the color retention is significantly better.  Add that to 50% extra pixels, and resizing makes the noise even more insignificant.  Get some good noise reduction in there, and the only thing you have to worry about is sensor heating at the highest ISOs.

A test shot from the beginning, ISO 5600 + a soft 50mm 1.8D wide open + a little noise reduction:

BlueBomberTurbo's gear list:BlueBomberTurbo's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 17-55mm f/2.8G ED-IF Nikon AF-Nikkor 80-200mm f/2.8D ED +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow