The BIGGEST problem with my DP2M....

Started Apr 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
carlos roncatti
Senior MemberPosts: 2,662Gear list
Like?
Re: The BIGGEST problem with my DP2M....
In reply to One River, May 4, 2013

One River wrote:

Agreed Fong. The photography aspect is lost upon DPR forums.

I'm a huge San Francisco 49ers fan, and during the regular season, occasionally visit the ESPN NFL forum. It hit me reading your post that DPR is much more like a sports league forum than anything else. Camera manufacturers are teams, and "fans" post in each forum, occasionally visiting the other team's forum to stir things up. Within individual team forums are generational divides, with arguments about old vs. new-- x-trans vs bayer-- technology. And then there are a few fans which appreciate the game in general, and cross-post between forums.

I said the same thing a long time ago. You are spot on...dpreview is (or became) a website for brand supportes...and that's a shame. The digital era brought this kind of behavior. And that's very good......for manufacters!!!

At the end of the day, this is a brand forum with fans. But on the positive side it is a busy place to hang out and I appreciate those who do post photographs here. And I've learned a lot here on the Sigma forum, but it is necessary to read between the lines to get the good stuff-- or the stuff that will hep you learn the craft.

Photo.net  is by far much better do discuss photography...1X, magnumphotos, madeiphoto.fr and etc...

-- hide signature --

To understand photography, you must understand that the experience must be much more important than the result ....
Carlos Roncatti Bomfim
http://weweh.com/en/
because men and women are different and we humans are the same.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
+1New
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow