The BIGGEST problem with my DP2M....

Started Apr 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
One River
Regular MemberPosts: 341
Like?
Re: The BIGGEST problem with my DP2M....
In reply to fongg, May 4, 2013

fongg wrote:

Indeed I joined DPR forum 4 months after you did.  I first joined here and participated in the Ricoh forum, as I owned a GRD at that time.  I really enjoyed my time back then, as people shared photos.  After that, I got my 1st Canon DSLR, and then I switched over to the Canon forum.  But the experience was a whole lot different.  Most people talked about AF speed, resolution, sharpness, etc., and then there were always fights with some Nikon guys dropping by.  After a while, I no longer visited there.  Later on, I switched to Leica, and have been visiting those Leica forums else where.  I occasionally came by the Leica forum here, as I think people in the Leica forum do focus more on photo taking, part of the reasons I guess is that there is nothing much to talk about in terms of technology for Leica.  Recently I got a DP3M.  I love it, despite all its shortcomings.  I dropped by one day to share some photos, and see how people manage to overcome those shortcomings, e.g. short battery life, and high ISO handicap, etc..  All seem fine, until I hit this post.  At first was all okay, as people talked about how this little monster can do.  But then people started comparing against D7100 and D800E, and arguing re sensor technology.  There I quitted talking.  No fun anymore.  I remarked my feeling about this, and period.  I will still drop by, but will only focus on those re photo shooting and those re battery management.  I know nothing about technology.  I only care what I see out of the camera, which is merely a tool to me.  And to me, there is no "the tool", as each of them has its own position and use.  Just have to make the good use out of it.  That's all.  Okay, enough BS from me.  Better stop before jeopardising anyone any further here.  Thanks.

Agreed Fong. The photography aspect is lost upon DPR forums.

I'm a huge San Francisco 49ers fan, and during the regular season, occasionally visit the ESPN NFL forum. It hit me reading your post that DPR is much more like a sports league forum than anything else. Camera manufacturers are teams, and "fans" post in each forum, occasionally visiting the other team's forum to stir things up. Within individual team forums are generational divides, with arguments about old vs. new-- x-trans vs bayer-- technology. And then there are a few fans which appreciate the game in general, and cross-post between forums.

At the end of the day, this is a brand forum with fans. But on the positive side it is a busy place to hang out and I appreciate those who do post photographs here. And I've learned a lot here on the Sigma forum, but it is necessary to read between the lines to get the good stuff-- or the stuff that will hep you learn the craft.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
+1New
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow