Europe with One Lens

Started May 4, 2013 | Discussions thread
dark13star
Contributing MemberPosts: 946Gear list
Like?
What's your goal?
In reply to MrJamela, May 4, 2013

That is really the question. Do you want to be able to capture as many scenes as possible? In that case, they are memory photos and it doesn't really matter if they are sharp corner to corner, etc. Or is there a certain kind of photography you like to do and you want to take advantage of a new location to do it in? In that case, bring the lens that supports the way you like to shoot. Otherwise, you won't enjoy yourself or be happy with the results.

I mentioned above that I travel in Europe often and many times I'm on a mix of business and pleasure. I bring the Nex-7 with the 24mm because I use my free time to do the type of photography I enjoy doing. However, when I climbed Mt. Kilimanjaro last year, I brought the 18-55 kit lens because I knew I would probably never do that climb again and I wanted to capture as many memories as possible. People see my photos from that trip and are amazed by the experience we had. No one looks at the corners and says they aren't sharp.

That's really how I would make the call.

Good Luck
Rich

dark13star's gear list:dark13star's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon D600 Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T1 +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow