Like?
Re: I don't get street photography. Please explain
In reply to Lee Jay, May 4, 2013

ljfinger wrote:

Dave Luttmann wrote:

ljfinger wrote:

Dan Marchant wrote:

cmc1 wrote:

As per the title. I don't get it. I love photographs that mean something to me, that shock me, make me want to keep looking and going back to it. I don't understand why you would cram up your hard drive with photos of an empty coke can on the floor or some tramp sitting in his own excrement? Genuine question, what am I not seeing?

Its about our environment (as in where we live) and the people in it. Some people don't care about those things so Street Photography wont appeal.

I care about those things deeply, and street photography doesn't appeal.  That's because the environment I live in, and the people that occupy it, aren't represented by the streets in my city.

Maybe it isn't about you.

?????

What are you talking about?

Street photography here would be about car bumpers.  Is that interesting?  There aren't many people on the street.  There aren't any street vendors, and store-fronts generally have hundreds of feet of set-back.  Some streets don't even have sidewalks as no one walks anywhere.

Here's a typical street in my area.  How many people do you see?

-- hide signature --

Lee Jay
(see profile for equipment)

.. and what if you walk around the downtown area of your city?  or a smaller town near your city?

-- hide signature --
 Daisy AU's gear list:Daisy AU's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow