Started May 4, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Solomon
Senior MemberPosts: 1,735
Like?
Camera Bag Project
May 4, 2013

I've got a big, heavy Canon bag with a ton of compartments and a Yellow (so I don't forget and leave it behind) Pelican case that I have been using the last few years for most of my gear. Now with this new D2Hs body, I think I'm going to be standardizing on this body. So I need a bag that will carry it and a couple of lenses.

I like the idea of a beat up leather backpack. I don't want my bag to scream "camera equipment." I live near New Orleans a lot of my shots will be in and around bars in New Orleans.  I like the thought of huffing it on my back seems handy (especially during Jazz Fest). 
I've looked at several backpack camera bags and essentially it's a backpack with foam inserts added. These foam inserts are thin slices of foam (sometimes with a sheet of cardboard for stiffness) enveloped in nylon fabric with various hook and loop dividers fashioned similarly. Making the foam inserts doesn't seem like it would be too hard. I can pick out a fabric, make a pattern out of newspaper and bring it to one of 100 Asian seamstresses we have locally.

What do you think?

Here's an example of a LL Bean bag that sold recently on eBay for $16 + $10 shipping.

Nikon D2Hs
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow