Started May 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
Midwest
Forum ProPosts: 13,506
Like?
Re: I don't get street photography. Please explain
In reply to cmc1, May 4, 2013

cmc1 wrote:

gloaming wrote:

Maybe because they take transit services and won't use personal vehicles to get out into the country?  Or, they are trying to get into/deveolp an artform all its own?  People in motion, in transactions, just strolling, eating, even their faces....they can be interesting, even compelling if you have the desire to see them that way.

I think I get that, but some of this stuff I see on here is tripe. A man drinking a cauppacino, a pair air shoes tied to a gate with comments like "wonderfully captured mood" really????  Not sniping, I just don't get it

I have seen some street photography that was really good and interesting, but too often I think it consists of just snapping at whatever, converting it to black and white, and calling it 'art'.

I've seen so many pictures of people walking AWAY from the camera; people sitting at outdoor cafe's just talking; people sitting at bus stops; people standing on commuter trains; I agree with your original comment. I like photos that make a connection with me, photos that are memorable and which I want to view again (and again). Dull photos of strangers' backsides or other random stuff just leave me puzzled. That emperor has NO clothes IMO.

There is good street shooting but I think 90% of those posting street shots are more likely the 'strangers backsides in b/w' genre.

-- hide signature --

It's nice to say that nice pictures are nice.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow