Started May 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
Dave Luttmann
Forum ProPosts: 12,751Gear list
Like?
Re: I don't get street photography. Please explain
In reply to Lee Jay, May 4, 2013

ljfinger wrote:

Dave Luttmann wrote:

I think every image can tell a story.  Here's a couple mine.

Both are extremely overprocessed, noisy, over vignetted, colorless, lifeless pictures that say nothing.  The second is distractingly motion-blurred.  The over-vignetting eliminated the environmental nature of environmental portraiture.

-- hide signature --

Lee Jay
(see profile for equipment)

The first image shows a disabled man lying on the street.  All you see are legs passing him by...no faces....  And yes...they have lots of grain, noise , etc.  Detail and smoothness is not the message in each.  Based upon your comments, it is obvious you are trying to avoid and ignore any message or story in a photograph to simply further your point.  The vignette style is actually that of James Whitlow Delano...an award winning street/documentary photographer.

I'd say your inability to see a story in a photograph has more to say about you than anything else.  As to these two.....I have sold many from 8x10 to 24x30.... and have had them published as well.  Thanks for your "opinion" though.  40000 posts and not an image in your gallery....nuff said.

Dave Luttmann's gear list:Dave Luttmann's gear list
Canon PowerShot G3 Canon PowerShot SX150 IS Canon EOS D30 Canon EOS 10D Nikon D2X +18 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow