Tips for using a Tamron 90mm Macro

Started Apr 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
Calico Jack
Senior MemberPosts: 1,920Gear list
Like?
Re: Tips for using a Tamron 90mm Macro
In reply to simonf7, May 4, 2013

One great extra is the Delta DRF-14 S ringflash which you can buy on evilBay from Foto-Tip, though this will only work on DSLR and not DSLT.  That said, the combination is superb and using the ringflash really makes macro shooting a more satisfying experience as you generally get shadow-free images (a bit CSI Miami) but well worth the investment.  I'm not going to get into the argument about DSLR v DSLT, but never having owned a 2 digit Alpha, I've never had any issues with 3rd party hardware compatibility on any 3 digit Alpha's or Minolta Dynax 5D or 7D.  The Delta is a re-branded Marumi, and for the price, it's a worthwhile investment if you're a dedicated macro/super close-up or portrait shooter.

I always set my camera to spot focus, ISO 100, A Mode, cRAW or RAW if using AF, though manual shooting macro is the best way to go.

-- hide signature --

Mark (aka Pirate!)

Calico Jack's gear list:Calico Jack's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A850 Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Tamron SP AF 17-35mm F/2.8-4 Di LD Aspherical (IF) Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di USD Adobe Photoshop CS6 +26 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow