The BIGGEST problem with my DP2M....

Started Apr 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
DMillier
Forum ProPosts: 17,441
Like?
Re: The BIGGEST problem with my DP2M....
In reply to richard stone, May 4, 2013

I don't think anyone has a problem with someone's satisfaction and enjoyment of the camera they use. That is purely a matter for them.

It's a bit like religious beliefs. If you have beliefs that make your life and your world more meaningful, then I'm very happy for you as long as you keep it to the privacy of your own home. But if you come knocking on my front door telling me my way of life is wrong and I should join you, it's a very different thing. Now you are oppressing me.

Likewise in a small way with choice of cameras. If Sigma cameras make someone a happy photographer that is great and I'm delighted for them.  But if they knock on my front door and tell me that I don't join the club I must be blind, then once again it's a very different thing. They are oppressing me.

The way to appeal to the atheist and to the non-partisan photographer is present a believable, repeatable trustworthy evidence base to convince the non believer that they cannot refute the evidence no matter how hard they try. Even the most diehard sceptic will succumb to that approach.

So, far despite what seems like eons of effort, neither religious apologists or Foveon enthusiasts have got remotely close. But there is always tomorrow...

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
+1New
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow