Started May 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
Daisy AU
Senior MemberPosts: 1,561Gear list
Like?
Re: I don't get street photography. Please explain
In reply to cmc1, May 4, 2013

cmc1 wrote:

gloaming wrote:

Maybe because they take transit services and won't use personal vehicles to get out into the country?  Or, they are trying to get into/deveolp an artform all its own?  People in motion, in transactions, just strolling, eating, even their faces....they can be interesting, even compelling if you have the desire to see them that way.

I think I get that, but some of this stuff I see on here is tripe. A man drinking a cauppacino, a pair air shoes tied to a gate with comments like "wonderfully captured mood" really????  Not sniping, I just don't get it

Hi cmc1,

I agree with you that some photographs say nothing to me.  But that is the same with any "art".  I sometimes look at the work of some painters, displayed in galleries, and I think ... "what a load of ...".  In my opinion, photography can be very subjective.  You may not like the cappuccino drinking scene, but someone else thought it was interesting.

On the other hand, if we didn't have people photographing for example, indians in Bolivia, in their own smelly, dirty clothing, going to the toilet in the streets, we would never know that there are people in this World that live like that and it's normal for them. Although I don't personally do street photography, I appreciate looking at some of them.

Each to their own, I guess.

-- hide signature --

Thanks,
Daisy AU - Brisbane
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ney_images/

Daisy AU's gear list:Daisy AU's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow