Started May 4, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Leon van Roosmalen
Contributing MemberPosts: 560Gear list
Like?
First experience with the 70-400 G SSM II
May 4, 2013

Yesterday I took my new toy outside to do some test shooting.

First, it's heavy. I will need to practice a lot to master this lens. The settings I used on the A99 are manual with a shutter speed of 1/1000 or 1/1500 and auto ISO. The focusmode was AFD.

Focussing is fast and reliable, even with the Soligor 1.4 teleconverter. The teleconverter wil give vignetting when used at 400 mm. I have a sample in the pictures.

On the A77 the teleconverter also works with no problems. The teleconverter is not showing in the exif although it does on the 70-300 G wich by the way also works with this Soligor teleconverter.

This weekend I will do some more testing because I have to decide if I take this lens with me on my upcomming holiday to Madagascar or my 70-300 G

Below some pictures.

Greetings Leon.

-- hide signature --
 Leon van Roosmalen's gear list:Leon van Roosmalen's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Sony SLT-A77 Sony SLT-A99 Sony 24-70mm F2.8 ZA SSM Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Sony 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G SSM +7 more
Sony SLT-A77 Sony SLT-A99
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow