Started May 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
Dave Luttmann
Forum ProPosts: 12,586Gear list
Like?
Re: I don't get street photography. Please explain
In reply to brianj, May 4, 2013

brianj wrote:

cmc1 wrote:

As per the title. I don't get it. I love photographs that mean something to me, that shock me, make me want to keep looking and going back to it. I don't understand why you would cram up your hard drive with photos of an empty coke can on the floor or some tramp sitting in his own excrement? Genuine question, what am I not seeing?

Most things in life don't have any purpose, and this is no exception, that doesn't stop me from doing it occasionally, its a minor skill that I would like to be better at just like knowing how to cook a nice meal.  I mentioned in an earlier thread that there is nothing on my local streets worth looking at, but recently I was in Vietnam where sights and sounds are very different to what I am used to, so its thrilling for a short time to take a lot of photos.

Here is one from my album, I don't know if its good or bad because I don't usually do street photography, so you be the judge.

Barber Shop

Brian

I think every image can tell a story.  Here's a couple mine.

Dave Luttmann's gear list:Dave Luttmann's gear list
Canon PowerShot G3 Canon PowerShot SX150 IS Canon EOS D30 Canon EOS 10D Nikon D2X +15 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow