Started May 4, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
kaholt
Regular MemberPosts: 113
Like?
Epson 3880 Maintenance Mode Problem
May 4, 2013

I just received a brand new Epson 3880 printer.  It included an errata sheet for the manual that stated you can modify the power down settings in maintenance mode.  I would like to be able to do that so I can configure the printer to never power off on its own.

The manual states that to enter maintenance mode you hold down the Cancel/Reset button while powering on.  The problem is it doesn't work.  The printer just turns on normally.  I can however enter maintenance mode through the menu button during normal operation.  However, there is no menu option available for changing the power down settings.

Has anyone been able to get this to work?  I worry that despite the fact that the box included the manual errata sheet, I have an old version of the firmware that does not support this feature.  This begs the question: is there a way to update the firmware, or to at least tell if my firmware version is the current one?  The EpsonNet Config utility displays the following for my printer:

Hardware Version 01.00

Interface Card Software Version 01.03

Firmware Version P010C5

I'm curious if anyone else has something newer than this.

Keith

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow