Started May 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
smallLebowski
Contributing MemberPosts: 556
Like?
Mistake? Is NEX for me?
May 3, 2013

I was on a trip to Niagara Fall and was shooting my family with 3 lenses: 1650PZ kit, S19 and LAEA2 with SAL35 DT. I can tell you right now that I was so annoyed changing lenses. I have a shoulder bag, but it's a pain in the .rse to change a lens. All that caps to put on both lenses, I felt like a circus man trying to handle with 2 hands 3 objects (body, 2 lenses) their corresponding caps, trying to not scratch anything by accident, to not drop anything. Moreover, wind with dust, some moist droplets and all the running people around. Arhhhhhhh...... I can't take it anymore.

I want to sell my 2 lenses with adapter and stick with kit zoom. I'll wait till high grade zoom (G?) arrives from Sony and maybe then I'll sell kit zoom as well. Additionally I want to buy SEL20 for smallest body-lens available for social times (to look like a casual P&S). So in the end it will be 2 lenses either SEL20 for stealthy times or zoom for everything else.

Do you think that is good idea? Please, say yes.

P.S. I don't want RX100 (due to downgrade in sensor) and I don't want FUJI x100s either - too expensive and limiting in terms of lens range.

P.P.S. In the first place I bought NEX 5R for APS-C sensor, it's compactness with 1650PZ kit lens and was not that much into changing lenses. However, later I bought S19 and LAEA2 and SAL35 - all that lenses are beautiful, but probably not for me. Is there some RX10 with high grade zoom coming?

Fujifilm X100S Sony RX1 Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow