I´m starting a new hobby. Share yours too.

Started May 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ben O Connor
Contributing MemberPosts: 806Gear list
Like?
I´m starting a new hobby. Share yours too.
May 3, 2013

Hello All,

I first seen and bought a kuksa in 2005, when i was in Finland as an University exchange student. Last  winter, i was watching some tutorials about kuksa and spoon carving on youtube. It just catch my eye, because final objects are beautifull, and no limits on creativity. And these equipments, such as carving knifes, small axes... and many more that i did not even know their name before....

Last winter i found these tiny, pencil size carving sticks. And yesterday just by surprise i found the Morakniv´s carving spoon! And Today in another department store just by chance these ticker sticks, that helps carving deeper and giving ability to give those last touchs. And these 6 sticks were just 10 euros ! with preety robust built. Small pens costaed just 1 euros, but they will bring more value to my jobs. And the star act will be held by "Mr. Mora of Sweden" !

Here is my arsenal of carving. In coming months I wish to share images that i finished... hopefully.

Feels like i got all the equipment that i need, now i just find some woods and start carving !

Share your hobby & photography equipments too.

Regards

Ben

ps: I still lacking of a small hand axe, and a basic carving knife. These actually the "A" and the "B" of the carving.... but seems i skiped some letter on the alphabet this time ! Wish to invest a "Heimo Roselli" axe and "Marttiini Carbon Steel Carving Knife" Oh God they are beautifull

Ben O Connor's gear list:Ben O Connor's gear list
Olympus XZ-1 Olympus PEN E-PM1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Sigma 30mm F2.8 DN Nokia Lumia 1520 +2 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow