Started May 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mike clemens
Regular MemberPosts: 118
Like?
6D birds in flight
May 3, 2013

I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to shooting moving things. I am using a 6D with a 300mm f/2.8 IS-1 with a 1.4 EF II converter.

I have switched the cam to AI SERVO focus, and I use the button on the back of the cam  AF-ON and hold it in the entire time I am following along the bird(s). This works pretty well though initial acquisition can be painful sometimes.

1) I would like to turn off the focus feature on the shutter button, so it only operates the shutter, but right now it wants to focus too. This is the correct thing to do, right?

2) I have been using central point only, is this wise or can using all points be a good thing with BIF?

3) Can I stuff all these settings onto some kind of custom-settings slot? Sort of a pain to switch between kids/single shot, where I would want the shutter button to do all its default stuff, and this mode above I'm desiring?

Thx for any insight... i think i am on the right track and have been getting some good results,  just looking to cash in on any experience other people might share.

Mike in Alaska

Sandhill Cranes in flight

Canon EOS 6D Fujifilm FinePix IS-1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow