ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
SR Works
Regular MemberPosts: 103
Like?
12-35 plus ? for trip to Italy
May 3, 2013

Hello-

I'm a new Micro 4/3's user, but long-time photographer. I'm going to Italy this summer for a few weeks and am trying to put together a good travel kit that balances image quality with family harmony. In other words, I've been reminded (nicely!) from my wife and son that this isn't a photography trip. However, since I'm a professional photographer, I have a hard time letting go of the quality I've come to expect from my big Nikon set up. So I took a big step for me and purchased the Olympus OM-D and the Panasonic 12-35 on eBay. I figure this combination will probably cover me for 75% of the photos I'll want to take. I also added the Panasonic 7-14 by accident (placed a bid on eBay thinking I'd never win...) which I've now convinced myself will be good for narrow streets, etc.

However, I still feel like I need something for the long end. I'm considering the Panasonic 45-175 as I've read some good reviews. I could also go with the Olympus 45 and 75 combo which would give me better low-light capabilities, but might add more fiddling time as I'm running to catch up with the family! Add to all this, I wouldn't mind a single "walk around" prime lens for everyday use, but then I start to feel like I'll be hauling around too much gear again.

Any suggestions or advice? We're doing the full tourist kind of trip - Venice, Florence, Rome. I don't want to feel encumbered by camera gear yet I don't want to regret not having the lenses I'm used to.

Thanks in advance,

Stuart

-- hide signature --

www.stuartruckman.com

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow