Started May 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
oregonyankee
Regular MemberPosts: 105Gear list
Like?
A depressing start to my Sigma experience
May 3, 2013

Yesterday I received a refurbished SD1 I bought directly from Sigma USA. I’d like to say I’ve used it for one day, but I can not. The camera refuses to recognize any CF card I put in it. In total, I’ve now tried five different cards (two of which are brand new). I’ve tried formatting all cards in both the camera and on a PC…still none work. The camera simply says “card error”.

Desperate for help, I call the Sigma technical help department and was bluntly told “Just return the camera”.

I next talked to a representative that informed me I would need to pay for my own shipping back to Sigma USA headquarters in NY. Shame on them! That sort of “customer service” is both rude and cheap.

At the moment I'm thinking that once I’ve received the refund (the money for which I’ve been saving for over a year) I’ll likely buy a Canon. It’s a real shame, as I was really looking forward to using this camera. I’ve heard some great things about the Foveon sensor. But I guess I’ll have to pass on seeing the results in person.

oregonyankee's gear list:oregonyankee's gear list
Sigma SD1 Merrill Sigma 120-300mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Sigma 1.4x EX DG Tele Converter Sigma 30mm F1.4 DC HSM
Sigma SD1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow