N Desmond
Contributing MemberPosts: 505Gear list
Like?
Re: Chow Time with the Q!
In reply to audiobomber, May 3, 2013

audiobomber wrote:

Dale108 wrote:

Hi Daryl:

Not bad.  I too haven't been overly impressed with details when using a K mount lens on the Q.  Possibly shows the limits of the sensor.

I don't see softness with the 01 prime. I believe the lack of detail is due to the resolution limits of lenses designed for large sensored and film cameras. I tried several good quality primes from 28 to 300mm, using the Pentax adapter, longer lenses with tripod and Carry Speed VF-4. Mostly I used ISO 125, either in good light or on tripod. I was not happy with the results from any due to softness compared to their performance on APS-C. Several had excessive fringing and/or CA. I exchanged the Q to K adapter for an 06 telephoto today.

-- hide signature --

Dan

Had wondered about trying my legacy lenses on Q but determining the adapters to get them to work hurt my head. Decided that with a lack of knowledge in this area, it was best for me to keep the camera simple and light and went with the 06 telephoto. Am having such fun with the 01 prime, but I need to get with the tele more. I appreciate your discussion of lenses, though, because I questioned if I should have tried a K mount lens and adapter vs the 06.

N Desmond's gear list:N Desmond's gear list
Ricoh GR Digital IV Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Ricoh GXR A12 50mm F2.5 Macro Ricoh GXR GR Lens A12 28mm F2.5 Pentax Q +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow