Happily switched from Aperture to Lightroom?

Started Apr 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
Andy Hewitt
Senior MemberPosts: 2,656Gear list
Like?
Re: Not for me
In reply to Daniel Lauring, May 3, 2013

Daniel Lauring wrote:

Andy Hewitt wrote:

I have to say that I really don't understand how LR got so popular. As far as I'm concerned the UI is simply awful, and seems to have no real flow to it. Adjustments were OK, but on my Mac Mini, not any faster than with Aperture.

The biggest thing with LR, IMHO, is the ease of applying effects with brushes and then adjusting them afterwards.  It is similar to masking and layers in PS, but much faster.  For example you can quickly lighten part of the exposure while leaving the rest where it is.  You can sharpen just the eyes.  Watch some tutorials.

Yeah, you can brush in those with Aperture too. However, they're not tools I use much myself.

I didn't get as far as trying out too many individual tools, the initial feeling of the UI just felt too wrong to start with, I didn't really get any further than that.

-- hide signature --

Andy Hewitt
Using Olympus E-420 and Apple Mac Mini '09.

Andy Hewitt's gear list:Andy Hewitt's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-S1 Fujifilm X-S1 Apple Aperture Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5 Apple iPhone 4S
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow