D600 vs d7100

Started Apr 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
malabito
Senior MemberPosts: 1,113Gear list
Like?
Re: having a child ...
In reply to Fred Mueller, May 3, 2013

Fred Mueller wrote:

I'm always amazed that a person having a child on the way and presumably about to incur lasting financial obligation is about to spend what seems to be such a hefty sum on a camera system to simply "take shots of said child" ... of course I have no idea how well positioned the OP is financially, but there is a little voice in the back of my head that wants to recommend something a lot less expensive ... how about $500 for a Panasonic LX 7 ???  Put the nearly $2000 in the savings account and do the right thing ....

there I said it

Even thou i tend to think that if you have the money I see no problem in buying a D4 even if you are a newbie, in this case i will completely agree with you. I haven't been a dad but can imagine and from what i seen my friends gone through is a time consuming event. so how are you going to get the time to learn to use the camera and carry that bulky thing everywhere you go. I had a friend that just ask me the same and i ended recommending him a nikon V1. Still can be find on a good price, image quality is more then good enough, and has fast focusing. Also fits right there on the diaper bag. What else do you need?

malabito's gear list:malabito's gear list
Sony RX1 Nikon D800 Nikon Df Nikon AF Nikkor 20mm f/2.8D Nikon AF Nikkor 24mm f/2.8D +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow