Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Sh_la_m
Regular MemberPosts: 490
Like?
2 questions for owners of CZ16-35
11 months ago

1) Could owners of this lens share their impressions of sharpness at different apertures with this lens?

I am using it on the A99.  At f11 on, I am finding my current copy produces an astonishing level of detail - so great that I rarely shoot it wider than f11.  However, working on a night photography class assignment last evening, I used some wider apertures and was surprised how much less sharp it was.  It is possible it was user error of some sort, although the camera was on a tripod.  I was using a radio trigger, manual focus, and steady shot was off. Blurrier exposures were the shorter ones - 1/4, 1/2, 1 seconds.  25-30 sec exposures at smaller apertures were fine.

I am thinking that possible user error was not refocusing in a little closer at the wider apertures - I was making photos of buildings so perhaps focusing in closer might have helped - I was focused pretty far out.  Maybe missed DOF accounts for a lot of it.

I will do this exercise again and see what happens, but was just wondering about other CZ 16-35 users' experience with sharpness and resolving power at different apertures.

2) If you also own the CZ 24MM prime, can you compare the CZ16-35 and the prime at 24MM, for sharpness and resolving power?

thanks-

S

Sony SLT-A99
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow