The BIGGEST problem with my DP2M....

Started Apr 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
hexxthalion
Contributing MemberPosts: 536Gear list
Like?
Re: The BIGGEST problem with my DP2M....
In reply to rattymouse, May 3, 2013

rattymouse wrote:

...is that I cant look at my Bayer images the same way anymore.   I took my X100 with me to Suzhou because I wanted to have a wide angle lens available.   Images off that camera, which I used to love, just dont do it for me anymore.  Not even close.

Sigh.........

-- hide signature --

9 years of Fujifilm camera usage, ended by rampant fanboyism.

I hear you!!!! Went to Palermo 3 weeks ago, took with me DP2M, X-Pro1 with 18mm f/2 and 35mm f/1.4 lenses, Leica M6 with Voight 50mm f/1.5.

Used all cameras, 2 rolls from M6, cca 100 photos from DP2M and roughly 500 from Fuji.

The subjects which I captured with both Fuji and Sigma can't be compared at all. It's not just sheer amount of detail, it's also different 'look'.

Details from Sigma come out so naturally looking (I haven't had a need to use sharpening on photos from Sigma yet) where Fuji files, even though brilliant, need some sharpening but then the results don't look as natural as those from Sigma.

But I have now very well balanced gear for pretty much most of the situations - Sigma for hi-res captures and portraiture, Fuji for high ISO/low light and Leica for fun

hexxthalion's gear list:hexxthalion's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Sigma DP2 Merrill Fujifilm X-Pro1 Nikon AF Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8D Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
+1New
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow