Are m4/3 cameras too expensive when you…

Started Apr 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
Guy Parsons
Forum ProPosts: 17,587Gear list
Like?
Re: More testing done......
In reply to Anders W, 11 months ago

Anders W wrote:

Good that our findings eventually line-up Guy. Where would science be without proper replication?

I'll try to replicate your test of whether ESP metering works differently with native than with foreign lenses when I find the time and see what I come up with. There might well be a difference in how it works, as your findings suggest, but I am not sure.

Maybe the difference was how the lenses worked, I did see more flare with the Nikon lens compared to the Panasonic zoom and that may have distorted the readings.

A better controlled light source may help improve the result, but I'm happy now without doing any more with that.

I tend to leave the camera at matrix all the time anyway and just use exposure compensation to get the red/blue blinkies where I want them. I like life to be simple.

Regards..... Guy

Guy Parsons's gear list:Guy Parsons's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-150mm F4-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Casio Exilim EX-ZR1000 +15 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow