The BIGGEST problem with my DP2M....

Started Apr 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
unknown member
(unknown member) OP Forum Pro • Posts: 13,144
Re: The BIGGEST problem with my DP2M....

jstop wrote:

Although I agree the DP Merrills are superior to Bayer cameras, I will still be standing by for a full frame CSC/ILC from Samsung, when they come out with such a camera, maybe by next year.

Full frame Sigma? Why?  Aren't 55 megabyte files already big enough?

Because I know, Sigma is too arrogant, or cash strapped, or whatever.....maybe they don't care about profit/users/would-be users, who knows, but they will be taking a God awful LONG TIME to "upgrade" their Foveon system and give us a bigger sensor that addresses all the current problems of the present Foveon (especially at high ISO), as well as give us a ILC/CSC of the rangefinder type.

Who is willing to bet?

PS: And I will not be buying all 3 DPMs just to lug them around ala interchangeable camera style. No way....I love Sigma images, but I will not be buying any, at their present incarnations.

I bet 3 Sigma DP compacts is very similar in size to a mirrorless camera like the Fuji X-E1 and 3 lenses.  Not much difference there and you lose the benefit of a lens perfectly mated to the sensor.

-- hide signature --

9 years of Fujifilm camera usage, ended by rampant fanboyism.

rattymouse's gear list:rattymouse's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F10 Zoom Fujifilm FinePix F20 Zoom Fujifilm FinePix F70EXR Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X10 +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow