The BIGGEST problem with my DP2M....

Started Apr 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
Re: The BIGGEST problem with my DP2M....
In reply to jstop, 11 months ago

jstop wrote:

Although I agree the DP Merrills are superior to Bayer cameras, I will still be standing by for a full frame CSC/ILC from Samsung, when they come out with such a camera, maybe by next year.

Full frame Sigma? Why?  Aren't 55 megabyte files already big enough?

Because I know, Sigma is too arrogant, or cash strapped, or whatever.....maybe they don't care about profit/users/would-be users, who knows, but they will be taking a God awful LONG TIME to "upgrade" their Foveon system and give us a bigger sensor that addresses all the current problems of the present Foveon (especially at high ISO), as well as give us a ILC/CSC of the rangefinder type.

Who is willing to bet?

PS: And I will not be buying all 3 DPMs just to lug them around ala interchangeable camera style. No way....I love Sigma images, but I will not be buying any, at their present incarnations.

I bet 3 Sigma DP compacts is very similar in size to a mirrorless camera like the Fuji X-E1 and 3 lenses.  Not much difference there and you lose the benefit of a lens perfectly mated to the sensor.

-- hide signature --

9 years of Fujifilm camera usage, ended by rampant fanboyism.

rattymouse's gear list:rattymouse's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F10 Zoom Fujifilm FinePix F20 Zoom Fujifilm FinePix F70EXR Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X10 +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
+1New
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow