The BIGGEST problem with my DP2M....

Started Apr 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
Roland Karlsson
Forum ProPosts: 19,519Gear list
Like?
Re: @jennyrae @DMillier
In reply to zxaar, 11 months ago

zxaar wrote:

1. I do agree that dpr tool is not good enough to really demostrate the advantage of  Sigma sensor. Specially the focus is bit iffy.

Its not easy to focus correct. But - even if they do focus consistently, the subject has by far too large depth. The DOF will destroy the result.

2. I think the most important thing that really matters is what owner of the camera thinks. That is if the owner thinks that he feels images are better than his other bayer sensored cameras then this is all that matters. If you spend money then you get the right to decide what you are happy with.

Thats too easy. Owners have a very strong bias. There is lots of ways to get satisfied customers, or even customers that claim to be satisfied. Most of it probably don't have to do with image quality and usefulness.

This was the image that really convinced me that sigma sensor does hold some advanatage over bayer ones. Look at the grass near foot, that is what I always wish from images.

Yeah ... you often see images where important details are very sharp from Foveon images. Thats a very good property.

But, you have to be somewhat careful. Bayer images are never tack sharp at pixel level. But they often have more pixels. Moreover, most Foveon shooters have got their cameras because the think sharpness is important. So ... maybe they try harder to get it sharp ... don't using soft kit lenses and taking more time to focus and use tripod?

Roland Karlsson's gear list:Roland Karlsson's gear list
Canon PowerShot G10 Pentax K-5 Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
+1New
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow