The BIGGEST problem with my DP2M....

Started Apr 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
Raist3d
Forum ProPosts: 31,986Gear list
Like?
There's no need for that, you are missing the point
In reply to victorgv, 11 months ago

You picked a lab shot illuminated with a lab light at dpreview at the lowest ISO.  The issue is not whether the Sigma can do better or about the same as a Nikon D800E, but that, such won't be always the case and both cameras have domains where they excel.

It's the unilateral mantra that the Foveon is unilaterally better the myth I am pointing out.  Both have tradeoffs.  And I am talking not from theory but from experience.

Want to see an extreme? How about a case where a Pentax Q does better color than a Sigma DP3M?  Does that mean the Q is better than the Sigma?

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/51368557

Your experiment hardly proves anything honestly, except that in the very particular (and artificial) situation and set of conditions you picked the Sigma apparently does a little better (were these also two raws or is the Nikon a JPEG?).

I am pretty sure if both cameras were shot at ISO 400 in mixed light it would be also pretty easy tp pick which one is which

victorgv wrote:

Just stupid experiment these two images resized down sd1 and d800e from dpreview d800e one is half size and sd1 resized to the same dimensions (it should put sd1 to disadvantage i think).

one of the images was adjusted saturation,exposure contrast and tint (not very good job just dont tear me apart please ) so they will look more similar. Still pretty easy to guess wich one is sigma and wich one is d800e.

-- hide signature --

Raist3d/Ricardo (Photographer, software dev.)- I photograph black cats in coal mines at night...
“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.” - George Orwell

-- hide signature --

Raist3d/Ricardo (Photographer, software dev.)- I photograph black cats in coal mines at night...
“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.” - George Orwell

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
+1New
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow