The BIGGEST problem with my DP2M....

Started Apr 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
zxaar
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,302
Like?
Re: The BIGGEST problem with my DP2M....
In reply to jennyrae, May 3, 2013

jennyrae wrote:

look for topic by lin evans, "just an observation".

Thnak you. I looked, even though Sigma merill does look better in that comparison, I have few comments about that.

1. The Nikon image looked as if less sharpening was applied to it, so I downloaded and applied this to it, unsharp maskl radius 50, amount 8.  Then unsharpmask radius 0.25 amount 200. Now Nikon images also looks sharper, but Sigma still seems to hold more detail.

2. The Sigma was shot at F5.6 where usually the lenses are at their best, where as Nikon image was at F11 , where usually you have softer image due to defraction. So that was really unfair to Nikon on that comparison.

3. Given the above two facts, if shot properly and sharpened properly Nikon image would be much better, this makes me conclude that if it was Pentax K-5 IIS that does not have AA filter, the image would look very close to Sigma.

4. DPR's image comparomete indeed does confirm (3), compared to pentax K-5 IIs , I could not find a single spot where I could have given advantage to Sigma.

PS: The samples at Sigma's site are much better adverts of Merill's image quality.

-- hide signature --

::> I make spelling mistakes. May Dog forgive me for this.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
+1New
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow